This has kept my busy the later part of the week. Its also number 301 in the archive. I started numbering my illustrations (not sketchbook, early patterns or iconography) when I started getting decent in Illustrator around 2003-ish. Some get bunched up if part of collections and art I dont like I dump. Someone once said you don't know what your doing as an illustrator until you have done 100 pieces. Id add to that 100 per style. It was at least that until I knew how I wanted my AI illustrations to come out. This is only number nine or ten in this technique and although I'm attacking them in the same way, trying to stay consistent in resolution, brush size and opacity, I know they will be better down the road. But, so far, so good.
Saturday, March 28, 2009
Forest Defender
This has kept my busy the later part of the week. Its also number 301 in the archive. I started numbering my illustrations (not sketchbook, early patterns or iconography) when I started getting decent in Illustrator around 2003-ish. Some get bunched up if part of collections and art I dont like I dump. Someone once said you don't know what your doing as an illustrator until you have done 100 pieces. Id add to that 100 per style. It was at least that until I knew how I wanted my AI illustrations to come out. This is only number nine or ten in this technique and although I'm attacking them in the same way, trying to stay consistent in resolution, brush size and opacity, I know they will be better down the road. But, so far, so good.
Labels:
PS Painting