Monday, March 9, 2009

Digital Mixed Media: Demo Tomorrow


The spring quarter starts today.  Tomorrow, after class overview and discussion, were going to talk about one strategy of mixing traditional and digital. I did this buffalo for demonstration which I will pull apart by PS layers and look at the build up.  I prefer to demo like this.  Its like the cooking shows that do everything up to the baking and then bring out the fully baked dish that took 2 hours in the oven (this took longer).  I will also repaint some sections and talk about brushes, layers, channels and paths where they pertain to this project (mostly layers).  This way, a lot of the boring stuff is cut out and we can concentrate on method.  I do not require people to work this way.  Its just a suggestion.  We will look at other ideas as the quarter progresses.