In 2002 and 2003 I was designing head wear for Reebok. The first project I worked on was for Super Bowl XXXVII held in San Diego. Designing head wear was a blast. Its more than just logos and type. The designers (I haven't done a hat since 03) deal with cut lines. fabrics, applications, inside taping, back strap graphics, closures, and all sorts of elements needed to put out something new, even if its based on something old... lets say classic. Literally hundreds of designs are proposed each year to fill a small amount of slots. The first project I did with them was the Super Bowl. I ended up with the one for the next year too. I liked seeing the champions walk around the field with the cap I designed. Its like seeing someone with a shirt I did walking around, but after a game, it was a whole team of people. In between I did a Sideline cap, a bunch of winter hats, and contributed to the yearly line. Admittedly, I liked doing the presentation silhouette illustrations more. I like drawing stitches and building template blanks.
I still work for Reebok. One of the things I like about them is they give me jobs outside my regular illustration requests. They are a creative force that I love being a part of.