Thursday, August 21, 2008

Art Archive 4 : It's All in the Timing


















I just got in contact with a friend I used to work for who moved on to Universal Studios.  I haven't talked to him in a few years (thanks LinkedIn) and I got to thinking of back then when I first started freelancing full time.  We were working on entertainment graphics for theme parks and the music industry.

I did this Mickey Dragon graphic for Disney in 2001 and they said it might be a little scary for kids.  But the funny thing is, last year I was looking through a martial arts magazine at the grocery store and came across this illustration.  They started using it for their Disney's Martial Arts Festival.  Needless to say it was surprising.  I bought the magazine and put it in the box with other print stuff.  I called the client who my friend was art directing for and we talked a little about it.  I didn't ask if he was further compensated.  I was just glad to finally see it out there.